When I got my first pair of Skechers three years ago, I instantly fell in love. My Go Walk3 slip-ons have been well-loved, and although they’re a bit dirty around the edges these days, they’re still a go-to pair of shoes for me when I need guaranteed comfort. (For example, I just took them with me to Mont-Tremblant last weekend and wore them EVERYWHERE — including hiking and zip-lining!)
A year later, I discovered that Skechers offered more than just walking and running shoes, and I found my feet planted in a pair of navy suede desert boots with a genuine wood block heel.
I’ve also been buying Skechers for my kids since they were toddlers. I mean, there was really nothing cuter than an 18-month old Miss Q in a pair of graffiti-washed Twinkle Toes shoes covered in sparkles. And The K Man always likes the little extras that come with Skechers — like a built-in compass, for example.
So when Skechers invited me to peruse its site to see what was new, I went a little crazy and checked out everything for men, women, girls and boys. Because this is one of those rare brands that can outfit every member of my family, where we all end up happy. And since my wish list was longer than my arm, I decided that I’d do something highly unusual: relinquish control. That’s right, I let each member of the fam choose their own shoes:
Miss Q barely takes her new woven slip-ons off, but was equally enamoured with the sheet of puffy stickers that came with them. The K Man — who, like the rest of us has a hate-on for socks — was thrilled to slip into shoes with bare feet. Oh, and he was pretty chuffed with the proprietary “goga mat” insoles, too. I’m as happy as a clam with my fabulous, you-can’t-miss-me runners with memory foam liners; the compliments everywhere I go certainly help.
But the real shocker here are Big B’s dress shoes. Can you believe those leather beauties are Skechers? There were EIGHT styles of men’s dress shoes that my ultra-picky metrosexual husband liked, and most came in his gargantuan size (14). They fit perfectly, look amazing and also have memory foam inside.
So, don’t mind us, but we’re off to have a fashionably good summer…
WIN! WIN! WIN!
It hardly seems fair, though, to outfit my family without giving another family an opportunity to bedazzle their feet, too. So follow these simple steps and you, too, could be walking away — literally — with up to four pairs of shoes to kick off (get it?) summer vacation in a big way:
- Follow me on Instagram.
- Follow Skechers on Instagram.
- Double-tap (heart) this Skechers post.
- Leave a comment, tagging a friend who would love this contest as much as you.
- That’s it! You’re entered to win.
Terms & conditions
- You must be a Canadian resident (excl. Quebec — sorry, Quebeckers), and age of majority in your province
- You must be following both Mommy Gearest and Skechers on Instagram (and, yes, we’re going to check!)
- You must tag someone who is active on Instagram and the tag must be visible in the comment on the selected post
- You understand that the prize has no cash value, and the approximate retail value of your prize will be determined by the number and style of shoes you select for your family (four pairs maximum)
- You agree that by entering the contest, you will share personal contact information with a third party to claim your prize and that in doing so, you release Mommy Gearest, Skechers and all related entities and parties from any and all legal liability
- This contest is not endorsed, sponsored by or in any way related to Instagram or its affiliates
- Contest closes Sunday, July 17 at 10 p.m. ET