- Great designs that will appeal to most kids; we chose the “Transportation” design for The K Man and the “Princess” design for Miss Q (obvi). But there’s also more (traditionally) unisex options like “Monkeys” and “Giraffe“
- Comes with almost everything you need, including the decal itself (which – all said and done – is about five feet tall), your child’s name and the measurement decals, which are complementary to the design you choose: The K Man has stop signs, while Miss Q has fluffy, white clouds
- Lots of customization options for your child’s name: you like clean, modern fonts? Great – there’s an Arial or a Century Gothic waiting just for you. Prefer something more formal or script-y? Oliver’s Labels has you covered. You also get to choose the colour used for your child’s name, too (I went with red and hot pink, respectively)
- While you’re previewing your text and decal selections, you can view it layered over the paint colour you have in your child’s room – fantastic for those of us who have a really hard time visualizing without, you know – a visual. Add a kid and a bed if you like, too!
- I love that this can go from wall to wall; whether your kid’s moving to a new room or your moving house entirely, you can pack it up and move it to a new wall really easily
- In fact, the material its made from is – so far in my experience with it – far superior to vinyl, which can stretch, curl and simply fall off your wall. Vinyl can and will also strip your paint, as happened in The K Man’s room two years ago when I bought a dinosaur-themed alphabet. Ugh. Oliver’s Labels uses a “specialized material” that will stick on the wall for infinity or be moved without causing any damage; our Room-eez Growth Charts have been on the walls for months and look the same as the day they went up
- I also love that, one day when they’ve outgrown the 48-inch height to which the Room-eez Growth Chart Decal measures, I can just fold it up into itself and pack it into my kids’ memory boxes (sniff…)
- It’s a little thing, but it’s an important thing to note: if you have baseboards, you’re really going to appreciate that Oliver’s Labels had the wherewithal to take this into consideration – each growth chart starts at the 6-inch mark
- It’s remarkably easy to get onto your wall, despite what you may fear when you take your growth chart out of the package. I didn’t even need to watch the video to help me get it on the wall – and straight, at that
- I wish the Room-eez Growth Chart Decal sets came with a pen or marker that would write well on the measurement decals (where you write your child’s height each time you measure). I blew through two decals trying to find a writing instrument that worked well on them because of their texture
- I would also love to be able to buy more of the measurement decals since there are only 20 in the pack. I get the logic: if you start measuring at age one and you measure quarterly for five years, that’s 20. But maybe you’re a nut-job like me and want to measure monthly for the first year or two and then taper off a bit… and just measure six times a year
- It would be great to have a “tall kid” option. My son’s first measurement on his Room-eez Growth Chart was 42 inches. He won’t have this for long, sadly… not only do I wish I’d known about these sooner to start earlier, but it would be great if there was just another six to 12 inches available
- Most of all, what would make put this growth chart off the charts for me would be arrows on the measurement decals; I have to put an arrow myself where I mark my kids’ heights since the decals are about 1.5-inches-square apiece. It looks far sloppier than if it came pre-printed with arrows
DISCLAIMER: I received these for review purposes.